From: Bedford School Lunch Program
Re: New computerized payment system for the Cafeteria
Bedford Public Schools is adding a new computerized Point of Sale payment system for the High School, Middle School and Lane School cafeterias. The first day of service for this new system will be Thursday, September 22nd. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce this system to all parents and to describe the upcoming services that will be provided. The first few days lunch lines may be slower, but as the students familiarize themselves with the system, the lines should move much quicker than before. Breakfast will be included in this system at the High School only.
This new system is called Nutrikids, which, is the same program currently used at the Davis School. Nutrikids offers an online payment system called MySchoolBucks. You can set up an account for your student at MySchoolBucks.com, start by entering your students Bedford Public School student ID number. Follow the prompts to set up an account. Every student will have their own personal meal account in the Nutrikids system. To access their account students will input their PIN number into a PIN pad located at every register. PIN numbers will be given out to each student before the program begins on the 22nd. It is strongly recommended that all students remember their numbers, as this will make the meal lines move faster.
We encourage parents to deposit money into the student’s account, although they may still pay cash. If you still pay directly by check please include the student’s ID number on the check or envelope so it is deposited into the correct account. This system allows students to charge only if there is money in their account – we cannot allow any negative balances to occur.
If your student has qualified for free or reduced price lunches or breakfasts, this information is securely contained within the system and the meal will be processed just as it is for all other students. There is no need to be concerned for a potentially uncomfortable situation for the student.
If you are concerned about a food allergy that your student has, please notify the cafeteria with this information. A warning will appear on the cashier’s screen for a quick review of the items on the student’s meal tray.
Thank you in advance for your patience in implementing this system.
Please see below for further information.
FEATURES OF THE COMPUTERIZED SYSTEM
Benefits for Parents and Students
- When the account is prepaid you can be sure that your student is only using that money for nutritious lunches/breakfasts served in our cafeteria.
- Lunch is defined as a choice of entrée, milk choice, vegetable, fruit and grain (or bread).
- Prepaid accounts for all students allows parents to deposit money in their student’s account, up to $120 without concerns about giving their student the exact change every morning.
- For those students receiving free or reduced meals, their meals will be rung up as all the other meals are. No one will know whether they are receiving a free or reduced meal or debiting their account, except for the cashier.
- Lunch lines move faster when meals are prepaid, thus providing students extra time to enjoy their lunch period.
- Students can prepay on the line or parents can send in checks (with the student ID# on it), and students can give this to the cashier right in the lunch line. All student ID numbers are confidential.
- Pin pads are located at every terminal; they provide ease of use and allow for quick transactions.
- Prepayment allows for better security rather than cash.
- Once the transaction has been completed, your student will know his/her account balance.
- Students may use any register. When a lunch or breakfast is recorded at one register, it will automatically be recorded on the other registers.
- When student accounts get low, students will be informed at the register of their balance.
- You can send in prepayment monies at any time.
- Regular lunches are $2.60 at Lane and Middle School, $3.00 for the High School. Breakfast costs from $1.30 to $1.75 at the High School only. Reduced breakfast is $.30 and Reduced price lunch cost $.40 each.
- Checks are to be made payable to Bedford School Lunch Program.
- When sending a prepayment, please include the student’s ID# on the face of the check. If you send in cash please indicate on the face of the envelope, the student’s ID#.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Bedford School Lunch Program office at 781-275-9129.
Follow the Menu link below for the current month's lunch menu for each respective school. Also, check out Pricing for the latest lunch prices and for information regarding the pre-paid debit lunch card at the Davis School. For more information regarding school lunch nutrition, follow the Nutritional Information link below.