Bedford's School Bus Routes for the 2016-2017 School Year are posted here and on each school's web page. The routes list the stop locations and the estimated start time. We recommend that you arrive at your stop 10 minutes to 15 minutes before the route start time for the first few weeks of school. After the third week traffic and route times will become more consistent.
Most routes will be similar to prior years; however, there will be some changes in stop locations and in bus numbers. Locate the stop nearest to your home address and that will be the bus route number you will use. There are stops that are on one route in the morning and another route in the afternoon. Please make note of that where it impacts you. Also, please note that the bus route number you rode last year may not be the same as this year. These lists may be updated from time to time, so please check this site for any updates. As always we will work on refining the routes and pick up times until we find the best timetable for all schools. We ask parents and students to be patient until we have achieved that goal.
The rules and expectations for all students riding the bus are outlined in each school's student handbook. Learning, understanding and following these rules and expectations will make for a safer and more pleasant bus ride and school year.
View the 2015-2016 Bus Routes for your school:
- Bus Transportation Guidelines
- BHS/JGMS Bus Routes - Updated 8-25-16
- Lane Bus Routes - Updated 8-25-16
- Davis Bus Routes - Updated 8-25-16
- METCO Bus Routes - Updated 9-2-16
- Hanscom Bus Routes - Updated 8-27-15
- MBTA Student Pass (Only for Metco Students)
Late Bus for Bedford students runs Monday - Thursday (only when school is in session and not on early release days). Pick up at Middle School at 3:50 pm and then continues to High School for pick up.
BHS/JGMS Bus Procedures
BHS/JGMS Morning Drop Off:
- All buses will arrive between 7:15 am and 7:35 am.
- All buses will stop at JGMS and let all students off.
- A crossing guard will be stationed to assist BHS students crossing Railroad Ave from JGMS.
- All high school students will wait for crossing guard to stop traffic on Railroad Ave before proceeding to the high school.
- Parent drop-off will be in the back parking lot of JGMS – front bus loop will be closed to other traffic between 7 am and 8 am. It is important to the safety and well being of all students, parents, and staff that this drop off procedure be followed. Please, for safety reasons do not use the upper parking lot at JGMS to drop off or pick up your student.
BHS/JGMS Afternoon Pick Up:
- Buses will arrive at JGMS by 2:10 pm, student dismissal is at 2:16 pm.
- JGMS students will board buses and then buses will proceed from the middle school to BHS for high school student pickup.
- Buses will proceed out from BHS to their designated afternoon routes to drop students off.